23 Jun Opulence College is Hiring: Part-time Trainer and Assessor
Opulence College is a CRICOS-registered RTO (RTO code 45644, CRICOS code 03878K) with campuses located in the heart of Australia’s capital cities, Canberra and Melbourne. We deliver nationally accredited Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses to international students. We aim to help international students study, work, and settle in Australia by equipping them with the skills and knowledge highly in demand by employers and industries today.
Learn more about Opulence College: https://opc.edu.au/
Follow us on social media:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OpulenceCollege
- Instagram: @opulencecollege
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/opulence-college
- Twitter: @OpulenceCollege
- WeChat: @OpulenceLeo
Join the expanding Opulence College community as our Trainer and Assessor. You will be working with a dynamic team of proactive individuals and lifelong learners who are passionate about providing the best education, training, and student support services to international students and all staff’s personal and professional development.
The Trainer and Assessor is a permanent, part-time position. The current pay rate for this position is $50 per hour + 10% super, and the total hours per week are 13.5 hours. Your pay rate will be reviewed after a year’s work at Opulence College.
As the Trainer and Assessor of Opulence College, you must be based in Canberra to be able to deliver classes in person. Your main job will be to deliver courses (BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management; and/or BSB60120 Advanced Diploma of Business) and conduct and mark assessments.
Scope of work
Your role will include but is not limited to:
- Delivering classes for BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management; and/or BSB60120 Advanced Diploma of Business
- Developing/revising assessment tools to ensure currency and compliance with relevant standards.
- Conducting and marking assessments, including RPL
- Conducting validation of assessments
- Responding to student enquiries regarding course content and assessments
Essential skills and competency
- Based in Canberra is preferable
- A current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
- Qualifications HIGHLY relevant to BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management, and/or BSB60120 Advanced Diploma of Business
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong understanding of cultural diversity and sensitivity
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge, understanding and commitment to the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 and other legislation and regulations relevant to the VET sector
- Proactive and passionate about the student experience
Desirable skills and competency
- Immediately available for work
- Vocational experience working in relevant hands-on roles
- Experience training international students at a CRICOS-registered RTO or in a higher education or TAFE setting
- Experience working in the education industry, particularly at an RTO and the VET/CRICOS environment for international student recruitment in Australia
- Experience working with software including Office365, Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, aXcelerate, Zoom, or similar.
How to Apply
We are urgently hiring!
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The successful candidate must have legal rights to live and work in Australia.
To enquire about this opportunity, please contact us at T: 02 6101 8650 or send an email to email@example.com.
***Opulence College supports workforce diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and those who identify as LGBTIQ are encouraged to apply.